What´s like to study social work?





I´m in second year of social work and I chose this career because in 2019 I went to a religious camp, where with some friends visited the commune of Cerro Navia. We stayed in a school for two weeks and we went on mission to many houses in the commune. The experience of had met people that in my life I had known, was very emotional because the neighbors were very kind and humble with us. Those days marked my life and this experience helped me to choose which career I would study. Social work gives me all that I wanted, the opportunity of have connection with people and to change the vulnerability of systems.

 

Personally, has been hard to study online because is not what I expected about university. Study online is study all day, watch classes that I didn´t understood because of my bad internet, read a lot, do long essays, and in my "free time" clean the house. Basically I don´t have time to do what I like. Also, It´s sad that at the moment, I haven´t met my classmates, but I usually talk with a group of friends by zoom. I´m in my third semester and that means that I'm studying the theory of the career, so in my case study online has not been impossible. Even if I would love to study at the university, I´ve been learning anyway. I hope someday to meet the faculty and my classmates, because that would make me feel that I´m actually studying in the university.

 





Comentarios

  1. studying social science is very emotional sometimes because you get to know how bad inequality is, and that makes us want to make a change!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi, I think that social work is an incredible and amazing career and the work of this career is very important to our society :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love your determination to help others

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Good work. Here are some sentences suggestions: ....The experience to have met people that probably I wouldn't have ever met in my life...it was emotional...Personally, it has been hard .....classes that I didn't understand

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Yes, studying online it's very hard. But with help from others it's easier! If you someday need help with something, count on me.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

The best holidays ever

English language challenges